Telegram is a free application that allows you to send texts, videos, and other file types. Telegram has become one of the biggest names in Instant messaging, boasting end-to-end encryption, a wealth of customization, and home to literally thousands of bots! With the use of bots, Telegram can become your personal assistant and make your life easier.
Telegram is an evolving platform that is famous for its security, message delivery speed, and lots of development perks that make communication enjoyable. One such perk is chatbots that are available 24/7 and can deliver lots of helpful information in a blink of an eye.
Get ready for some inspiration! Time to discuss Telegram bots’ best practices!
In this Article, We’ll take a look at:
What is a bot?
A bot is a software application that is programmed to do certain tasks. Bots are automated, which means they run according to their instructions without a human user needing to start them up. Bots often imitate or replace a human user’s behavior. Typically they do repetitive tasks, and they can do them much faster than human users could.
Bots usually operate over a network; more than half of Internet traffic is bots scanning content, interacting with webpages, chatting with users, or looking for attack targets. Some bots are useful, such as search engine bots that index content for search or customer service bots that help users. Other bots are “bad” and are programmed to break into user accounts, scan the web for contact information for sending spam, or perform other malicious activities. If it’s connected to the Internet, a bot will have an associated IP address.
Bots can be:
- Chatbots: Bots that simulate human conversation by responding to certain phrases with programmed responses
- Web crawlers (Google bots): Bots that scan content on webpages all over the Internet
- Social bots: Bots that operate on social media platforms
- Malicious bots: Bots that scrape content, spread spam content, or carry out credential stuffing attacks
What is a telegram bot ?
A Telegram bot is an application hosted on a server that uses Telegram bot API to connect to Telegram Messenger clients.
A Telegram bot connects to users using text messages and inline-button callbacks encapsulated as JSON. Users can upload photos/sounds/videos to the bot or download them from the bot to their computers/mobile phones.
The bot app running on the server can be anything, from a simple conversation app, a powerful search engine, a large multimedia library, a problem-solving machine to anything you can imagine.
A great advantage of Telegram bots is that they have zero-install requirements and run seamlessly on all computer platforms where Telegram Messenger runs (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and all Web Browsers).
What Telegram bots can do ?
Telegram bots can do almost anything!
Send information about your favorite football team, play music, create a list, or be your opponent in a game of checkers. Bots are easily accessible in Telegram through the search function.
- Get customized notifications and news. A bot can act as a smart newspaper, sending you relevant content as soon as it’s published.
- Integrate with other services. A bot can enrich Telegram chats with content from external services.
Gmail Bot, GIF bot, IMDB bot, Wiki bot, Music bot, Youtube bot, GitHubBot
- Accept payments from Telegram users. A bot can offer paid services or work as a virtual storefront. Demo Shop Bot
- Create custom tools. A bot may provide you with alerts, weather forecasts, translations, formatting, or other services.
Markdown bot, Sticker bot, Vote bot, Like bot
- Build single- and multiplayer games. A bot can offer rich HTML5 experiences, from simple arcades and puzzles to 3D-shooters and real-time strategy games.
- Build social services. A bot could connect people looking for conversation partners based on common interests or proximity.
- Do virtually anything else. Except for dishes — bots are terrible at doing the dishes.
How Telegram bots different from humans?
- Bots have no online status and no last seen timestamps, the interface shows the label ‘bot’ instead.
- Bots have limited cloud storage — older messages may be removed by the server shortly after they have been processed.
- Bots can’t initiate conversations with users. A user must either add them to a group or send them a message first. People can use
t.me/<bot_username>links or username search to find your bot.
- Bot usernames always end in ‘bot’ (e.g. @TriviaBot, @GitHub_bot).
- When added to a group, bots do not receive all messages by default.
- Bots never eat, sleep or complain (unless expressly programmed otherwise)
Best Telegram Bots Examples to Get Inspired by in 2021
#1: Eddy Travels
Purpose: searches for flights, hotels, and restaurants
This is one of the best Telegram bots for travelers. Powered by Skyscanner, it helps users discover the best deals for flights, accommodations, and places to visit. Just pick a destination or choose the “take me anywhere” option to get inspired.
If you search for flights or hotels, it will bring you the top three results or offer a link to Skyscanner for more options. For places to visit, it will open the place on Google maps.
The bot saves your location so that you don’t have to go through the same scenario again and again. It also has inline commands: to use them, type /flights, /hotels, or /places to get the category you need.
Perks for users: everything you want to know about a specific destination in your messenger. The bot’s developers claim to use machine learning and “other software magic” to bring the most relevant search results.
Perks for business: apart from bringing value to customers, this Telegram chatbot attracts free referral traffic to Skyscanner and other partner websites.
Industry: personal effectiveness
Purpose: reminds about their “to-do” list or events
This bot is a helping hand to those who are always late or forget things in an instant. Here you can create simple reminders just by sending the bot a message like “pick up Mary at 10 pm” or even craft complex ongoing schedules like “drink a glass of water every two hours.”
Perks for users: allows you to create reminders in a breeze and always be on time.
Perks for business: at first glance, such Telegram bots have no direct business utility, but they can work as a piece of helpful branded content. Consider creating something small and useful — and in turn, people will interact with your brand every day. This bot in particular could also share links on how to improve time management and provide traffic to a blog or website.
Purpose: creates polls
This bot helps create polls and share them in groups or channels. You can add two or more answer options. The poll can be public or anonymous. creating a poll with VoteBot
Perks for users: the bot allows people to express their opinion and engage with a group even if they are not ready for chatting.
Perks for business: it allows engagement from members of your group or channel. For instance, some IT companies create polls about new product features like: What should we do next? or How do you like the release? Creating polls is a good way to show that you are client-oriented and listen to your consumers.
Purpose: creates Zoom meetings
Here’s another Telegram bot example created by a big brand in order to facilitate their customer’s journey. Zoom is a video conferencing app. Its bot for Telegram can be added to your contact list and help you create or join a meeting on the spot. Creating a meeting using Zoom’s Telegram bot
Perks for users: easy to create and join meetings. The bot can be also added to a group chat and deployed for every member.
Perks for business: this way Zoom enables remote teams to create video calls right in their chat groups. Other businesses can use the same mechanic to register or subscribe users.
Purpose: provides news about Android platforms
This simple Telegram chatbot delivers news about the latest Android releases and technology news. When you start the bot, you subscribe to the feed. Android Newsfeed in Telegram
Perks for users: easy to find and read the news on a specific topic
Perks for business: this kind of bot can become your content distribution channel so you can get more traffic to your blog or social groups.
Purpose: provides answers about Stack Overflow, the largest community for developers
Here is a powerful Telegram bot example used in IT. This bot is a Wiki for all of Stack Overflow’s site: it provides rated answer to any question so that you can read the most helpful ones. Q&A chatbot from Stack Overflow
Perks for users: no need to search through forum threads or go to the website, all the answers are in the palm of your hand.
Perks for business: Q&A part is quite important on any website, but it’s not always easy to find. This chatbot is a great alternative.
5 Best ways to use Telegram Bots
1. Organize Your Day
Use automation to declutter your work and organize every day.
Alter bots can be used to set notifications to be sent to either your own Telegram account, a group, or even a specific chat. Bots can keep notes organize and send written reminders to make sure you don’t forget to complete a task.
Travel Assistance bots take the hassle out of travelling by using your preferences to avoid scanning for flights. Bots can find accommodation and travel inspiration by using A.I assistant searches to find what is best for you.
For business travel, there are bots, such as ‘Eddy Travels’, that can arrange travel logistics from within a telegram group chat. Bots can also be used to organize your business and office such as organizing group events and arranging attendees.
2. Enhance Your Accounts Security
Telegram boasts many fantastic security features but isn’t impervious to malware and unapproved content. Thankfully there are bots for that too. They are essential for keeping up with Telegram Bots best practices.
Bots can protect your account from unwanted and inappropriate content, as well as defend against attempts at uploading malware to your device. Telegram bots can ban other bots from entering a group, filter content, scan attachments, and control behavior.
Security and content management bots are a great addition if you’re using Telegram to communicate within your business or want to keep things private.
Other bots such as ‘Dr.WEB’ can scan all files and links sent to your Telegram account to ensure they are safe to access.
3. Keep Track of Your Website
One of the most useful things Telegram bots can do for you is directly beam information from Google Analytics straight to your Telegram account. Don’t miss out on this Telegram Bots best practice.
Imagine being able to have the number of views of your website messaged to you whenever you request it. Some bots even allow you to share selected information with your friends and colleagues. There are also bots to determine the best time to employ your own marketing or chatbots and boost their performance.
Try using Telegram analytics to receive conversational analytics to see how many people read and react to your posts or notify you of any unexpected website traffic. Web scraping bots can keep track of other websites also such as keeping track of the price of TV’s from retailer pages.
4. Marketing and Growth
One great thing about Telegrams giant user base is it is a fantastic platform to market your business. There is a bot for almost every marketing need such as being able to post an image, video, Gif, or text directly from the Telegram app to any of your social media accounts.
Bots can be used to enhance the growth of your business by connecting to a great variety of external sources to answer any of your business trend questions or provide information on the most paid for keywords in your market. Market research is an important component for growing a business, but it can often be difficult to obtain data.
The ability to promote content across multiple platforms through Telegram bots makes Telegram a vital tool for content promotion.
5. Fun and Games
It’s not always about the work. Telegram is also a great platform for having fun with friends, family, and complete strangers alike.
Bots offer you and your friends the chance to play HTML 5 games. Bots can track the high scores between you and your friends and invite others to play. You could add a quiz game to your favorite group or play old-school single-player games like a snake.
Are you short of games at a party? Start a group chat and use a ‘pokerbot’ to play cards. There’s a bot for that With bots Telegram can really be your personal digital assistant in your pocket!
How Should You Design Your Telegram Bot?
Telegram simplifies the development and design process for creating a chatbot thanks to its API. You can follow Telegram’s documentation and bot creator to create a bot, but you also have alternatives to enhance your Telegram bot and improve the design process. Try these best practices for getting the most out of your bot development process:
- Know what your bot will do. Consider how your intended audience will use the Telegram bot and decide on how it will help its users. For instance, if the goal of your bot is to provide answers to common questions your customers may have, then you want to base the script you develop for your bot on this purpose. By narrowing in on your Telegram bot’s purpose, you can streamline the development of your chatbot and create a chatbot that works best for your customers.
- Assign it a unique password. When you create your Telegram bot, it’ll need its own username and password. Create one that aligns with your brand and one that is easy to remember. You’ll also be assigned a token once you create your bot, so make sure to secure and access it securely.
- Think about the dialogue. Practice what you’ll say to your target audience by thinking about the dialogue. Consider the flow of conversation so you program your Telegram bot to answer questions and have conversations with your target audience in a natural way.
- Leverage prototyping tools. Prototyping tools help you visualize your Telegram bot before you invest ample time and money in a product that may not work as expected. For instance, you can use Botsociety’s prototyping tool to preview your Telegram bot’s interface and dialogue before launching the final product. It’s important to take this step as it can help you catch any errors in your script that may require modifications
So what’s your opinion about chatbots? Tell us in the comments below!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Telegram Bots
Bots are simply Telegram accounts operated by software – not people – and they’ll often have AI features. They can do anything – teach, play, search, broadcast, remind, connect, integrate with other services, or even pass commands to the Internet of Things.
Are Telegram bots safe?
To keep your Telegram communications safe, don’t add bots to your chats, and be aware when you’re in chats and channels that include them. … Many cryptographers and security engineers, though, including White, say that the safest way to use Telegram is just not to use it at all.
How To Create a Telegram Business Account
1. Chat with the BotFather. Find the BotFather by searching and then press Start.
2. Use the /newbot command. This will start the creation process.
3. Done. You’ll receive a token to connect your Telegram bot to a Messaging CRM.
What is Telegram Groups ?
Telegram Groups work just like groups on any other messaging app. The key difference is groups on Telegram can have as many as 200,000 members. Managing such a group may seem impossible but Telegram provides granular controls to make it easier.
What is Telegram Channels
Telegram Channels have all the same features as groups except only admins can send messages. They also have no user limits making it easy to broadcast information. For instance, Health Ministries use Telegram Channels to send news and tips to the public.
What is Telegram Passport
If you’re in the cryptocurrency or financial industry, then Telegram Passport is for you. It’s a platform that stores identification documents so they can be used with financial institutions that require Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures.
Are Telegram bots private?
With Telegram bots are not private. The difference is that a certain communication channel with the bot can be made private. This is a group with the bot that you and the bot are members of.
Is Telegram safer than WhatsApp?
Signal’s security is better than WhatsApp’s. Both use Signal’s encryption protocol, but whereas Signal’s is fully opensource, meaning it can be examined for vulnerabilities by security researchers, WhatsApp uses its own proprietary deployment. Telegram does not offer end-to-end encryption by default.
Will my contacts know I have Telegram?
Every time one of your contacts joins Telegram, you will still get the notification of them joining the app. Well, Telegram’s advice to prevent you from getting such notifications is by scrolling down the privacy and security settings and deleting synced contacts which will prevent future ones from being created.
Where can I find bots in telegram?
You can easily find bots by clicking the Telegram Search and typing in a specific name of a bot.