Everyone goes online to find information, do their research and pick out products or services to buy. That’s why your own website should be the best it can be, helping to attract and retain visitors while turning them in to paying customers. in this article we are going to show how to create a website and Also Provide details about Best CMS available in the market like wordpress.
In this Article, We’ll take a look at:
3 Important Keys to Create Attractive Websites
User: a person using your website
Website: the navigation, design, technology and content that are your website
Goals: both yours and those of your users
Firstly understanding your users is very important
Before you even begin to design or build your website, it’s essential to go through a research process. There is no point in building a site unless you know who you’re building it for.
To get started, find out who your customers are by carrying out some initial research.
Once you’ve established who you’re targeting, do some user research. Find out what people need. Ask people direct and see what they look for the most when browsing other websites.
User research can reveal everything from shopping behavior to getting a broader understanding of people’s web browsing habits.
Consider why people will go to your website, what they’ll learn there and what they’ll need to achieve their objectives.
Using all of your user research, create a navigation that is easy to use and satisfies the needs of your audience. Don’t make people second-guess. Just keep the navigation really simple, clean and consistent.
Website design is just as important as every other aspect of creating a successful website.
It can actually make or break whether visitors like you and want to stay browsing around your site.
- Consider the audience and usability.
Consider your logo and branding.
- Don’t forget to create a ‘mobile design’ one that will work well with smartphones.
Give beautiful and bold headings and keep things simple and steady.
Content and Technology:-
People browse the web for information, so it’s crucial that you get your content right.
Structure your content:-When you first sit down and start to pull together the content for your website, it’s best to write down a solid structure. You should already know what’s going to be included, so create a document where you can easily write the content.
Write for your audience: When writing your content, always keep your audience in mind. Are they corporate? Write copy that suits a more professional audience by using formal language. Is your audience young and trendy? Write informal, conversational copy that holds their attention.
Talk about what you love, not what you do: People don’t want to know what you do, they want to know what you’re passionate about. Actually sit back and think about why you run your own business. What makes you happy? Tell people why you love what you do and they’ll buy in to your passion.
Stay on topic: It’s easy to forget what you’re writing about when you start drafting content for any particular web page. Stay on topic by writing a title and always reminding yourself about that title. So if you find yourself losing focus, go back to your title to stay on track.
Show off your work: Your website is the perfect opportunity to show people what you’re good at. Add a portfolio or some case studies to show where you’ve helped others and really made a difference.
Following are the important objective to be consider while designing website:
Improve customer satisfaction.
Reduce time to complete task.
Reduce costs by streamlining and automating workflows and tasks.
Simplify and optimize content updates and website management.
Integrate with other systems;meet security, performance and scalability requirements.
First of All, Choose Your Website Platform.
- You don’t need to learn HTML, CSS, PHP to create a good and functional website.
- Before you start thinking about color schemes, domain name and web hosting, you’ve got to decide what platform you’re going to build your website with.
I don’t recommend learning coding from scratch as it could take months, if not years to fully master.
And even then, you’re probably still not satisfied with the end result of your website. Adding content through HTML and PHP pages would be time wasting and really complicated process.
In 2017, most people and organizations use content management systems (CMS) to build and manage their websites.I’m recommending it, too.
- Most popular and well-known CMS (website platforms) are free.
- To put simply, a content management system (or website building platform) is a user-friendly platform for building websites and managing your website content, instead of using a bunch of loose HTML, CSS and PHP pages.
CMS is good choice for many different types for websites, as organizations and individuals can:
- Copy/paste content into a page and then just update when changes need to be made. (i.e. like copying from Microsoft Word)
- Don’t need to hire someone to fill a web maintenance role. (nobody likes to spend money)
- There’s no need to buy expensive software to build out pages.
Using CMS is all very simple and user-friendly.
According to recent statistics, three most popular website building platforms in 2018 are.
Why WordPress is the best way –
- It’s versatile (WordPress can be used to build almost any type of website, be it e-commerce, membership, e -magazine, there is a online radio station firemudfm running on WordPress)
- It’s extendable. (with almost 32% of all website, 60% of all e-commerce running on WordPress, your can understand it’s power)
- Help (WordPress community is huge and very helpful, you can find tons of resources on internet, there are support forums to help with your specific issue)
5 reasons why Joomla! is the best CMS
- Drupal is the best CMS because it’s open source
- Drupal houses a robust, rapid and agile module for the purpose of web development.
- The best CMS should be 100% free and can be installed without the hassle of purchasing any license or recurring fees
- Drupal is for everyone. This means that anyone can use it anywhere to create a website of desired preference.
- Unlike other CMS, Drupal is known for its rock-solid security measures that are complemented with constant security patches and updates from the community, led by Drupal’s Security Advisory team.
6 reasons why Joomla! is the best CMS
Open source is a development model about sharing and innovation. Joomla is based on that philosophy; that’s one of the reasons of its success.
In this post you will discover 6 reasons that answer why Joomla is the best software to build websites.
1. Joomla is free
The 3 most popular CMS are free. This is the only reason on the list that is not exclusive to this software.
2. Joomla already includes the most common features
Once you install Joomla, your website will be ready to support SEO, contact forms, RSS, blog, media, multi language, etc.
Experienced users may need 1 minute to do the installation and 45 minutes to publish the content. That means a ready working website in less than 1 hour.
Which other platform makes possible that performance for free?
3. Joomla Extensions Directory
Do you want to build a big website with features that are not included in the default installation?
Do a quick search in the Joomla Extensions Directory (aka JED) to find the right piece of software to match your needs.
Want to build an eCommerce site? – Got it!
A membership site? – Got it!
A gallery site? – Got it!
A directory site? – Got it!
Do you need an extension to do backups? – Got it!
An extension to increase security? – Got it!
An extension that does nothing? – Got it! wait.. what??
Those are a few examples that proves the JED will support you when the core is not enough.
4. Joomla is supported by volunteers
The Open Source Matters; is an honest effort to create software to share with the world.
The code is build and maintained by people who voluntarily donate their time, skills and knowledge. The passion volunteers print by contributing with code, design, support, blogging, training, marketing is very positive!
The power of a community is based on the people who support it.
In most cases, however, Drupal and Joomla are too robust and difficult for an average internet users, hence the reason, I suggest sticking with WordPress.
Because at this point there are no better/easier ways to build a website; But more importantly:
- 1. WordPress is FREE
WordPress doesn’t cost a dime to download or install (though it’s being updated each month), and there’s a huge community who help/guide people for free.
- 2. WordPress is VERY flexible
If you know how to use Microsoft Word, you already know how add your own content. WordPress can be expanded with free plugins to handle just about any site you can imagine. There’s more than 2000 free themes to choose from.
- 3. No need to learn HTML, CSS and PHP from scratch (can take 6+ months)
Since WordPress acts as a “website editor”, you don’t need to learn all the coding skills just to add one single image or line of text.
- 4. There’s huge developer network
Vast majority of web designers and developers use WordPress. This means you can get help quite quickly.
- 5. WordPress is great for small and large sites
From websites to online stores, WordPress can handle just about any kind of website. WordPress is also used by eBay, Mozilla, Reuters, CNN, Google Ventures and even NASA.