If you are earning your living using WordPress as a Content Management System, then you are probably involved with money management in one way or another. You need to report the financial transactions to the IRS.
I do know this – if you run your site on WordPress, using a WordPress invoice plugin can save you a ton of money on those recurring monthly fees that other invoicing tools charge.
In this article, we will share some of the best WordPress invoices plugin for various needs.
In this Article, We’ll take a look at:
Why You Need a WordPress Invoice Plugin
Do you send out invoices to your customers on a regular basis? You might be looking for a system that brings consistency and organization to your invoicing and payment processes.
There’s a lot to manage as a business owner, and manual invoices can take up so much of your valuable time. A reliable system for invoicing is essential for the survival of many businesses. After all, you need to get paid to keep the lights on. And you can make the process of creating and sending invoices incredibly simple with the best invoicing plugins for WordPress.
Before we give you the five best WordPress invoice plugins, let us briefly go over the reasons why you need to use WordPress invoice plugins instead of using other platform
- Send invoices directly from your WordPress website. For starters, invoice plugins allow you to manage everything on your WordPress website and control it right from your dashboard. You don’t have to switch between multiple pages, and you don’t have to be an expert on WordPress to be able to send out invoices.
- Send estimates and quotes from your WordPress website, too. Invoicing plugins also make it easy to perform invoicing functions such as sending estimates and quotes from your website. This can be done without having to enter your client’s details manually into third-party invoicing software.
- Integrations with CRMs. You can also pair your WordPress invoice plugin with a WordPress CRM plugin so you can manage your entire client database right from your website’s dashboard.
- Value for the money. Finally, another reason why you should consider using WordPress invoice plugins is the value for money. In the long run, you’ll save money because most of these plugins come with a yearly fee that’s comparable to the higher-tiered monthly fee for invoicing software.
What to Look for in a WordPress Invoice Plugin
There are a number of WordPress invoicing plugins that you can download and use to create and send online invoices directly from your WordPress website’s dashboard. These plugins will make it easy to send an invoice and collect payments from your clients.
These invoice plugins all come with their own set of features that will surely make your job easier and faster. Choosing the right invoicing plugin is not that easy, especially for beginners. Most of them offer the same basic features; however, there are key features unique or more notable to each and every one of them.
The key features that you should look for in a good WordPress invoicing plugin are:
- One-time and recurring payment collection
- Partial payment options
- Automatic tax deduction and tax reporting
- Single dashboard to manage all invoices and taxes
- Credit card and other payment gateways
- Payment scheduling and late fee option
It wouldn’t be easy to find a complete solution that caters to all your invoicing needs in one go. You’ll need to review each feature carefully and find a solution that suits your invoicing and payment requirements.
Top 5 WordPress Invoice Plugins
To help you choose the best WordPress invoice plugin, we tested multiple WordPress invoicing plugins to highlight the features that each plugin provides, from the simple to the complex.
1. WP-Invoice – Web Invoice and Billing
WP-Invoice WordPress Invoice plugin lets WordPress blog owners send itemized invoices to their clients. Ideal for web developers, SEO consultants, general contractors, or anyone with a WordPress blog and clients to bill. The plugin ties into WP’s user management database to keep track of your clients and their information.
Once an invoice is created from the WP admin section, an email with a brief description and a unique link is sent to client. Clients follow the link to your blog’s special invoice page, view their invoice, and pay their bill using one of the available payment system. The control panel is very user-friendly and intuitive.
Credit card payments may be accepted via Authorize.net, PayPal, Interkassa (Eastern Europe), Stripe and 2Checkout. Subscriptions (Recurring Billing) implemented using Authorize.net ARB, PayPal Subscriptions, Stripe Subscriptions and 2Checkout Recurring Billing. More gateways available as Add-ons.
- Free Add-ons available.
- WP-CRM Integration.
- Brand new user interface for much improved invoicing filtering and searching.
- Partial Payments with minimum amount.
- Receipt Page with Invoice Log.
- Per-defined Line Items.
- Discount Line Items.
- Custom Payment Entry, and administrative adjustments.
- Customizable Invoice and Receipt Templates.
- Create invoices from the WordPress control panel.
- Pre-fill customer information using the WordPress user list.
- Send invoice notifications to customers with a secured link back to the web-invoice.
- Setup recurring billing using Authorize.net’s ARB (Automatic Recurring Billing) feature.
- Force web-invoice pages to be viewed in SSL mode.
- Archive old invoices.
- Easily use old invoices as templates for new ones.
- Dynamic and intuitive user interface.
- Insert an “Invoice Lookup” form using PHP or WordPress shortcode anywhere.
- Create users directly from WP-Invoice.
- Customize billing settings per invoice.
- Customize invoice notification email per invoice.
- Invoice notification, reminder and receipt templates.
- Export/Import Invoices (Power Tools Add-on).
- Sales Visualization (Power Tools Add-on).
- Interkassa (Eastern Europe)
- PayPal Payments Pro (Add-on)
- USAePay (Add-on)
- Mijares Checkout (Add-on)
It’s completely free. There are no paid add-ons or premium upgrades.
Our Opinion on WP-Invoice
The WP-Invoice plugin is perfect for low-budget websites or users who need a straightforward Invoicing plugin for the WordPress website.
2. Sliced Invoices
Sliced Invoices WordPress Invoice plugin allows you to design invoice templates, send individual invoices, and even receive payments through your WordPress site.
- Offers a variety of ready-to-go invoice templates
- Allows you to set custom information for offline payments
- Allows you to create your own invoice templates
- Process payments through PayPal Express Checkout
- Set default due date (IE 30 days from when the invoice is received)
- Create custom Terms and Conditions
- Invoice in any currency
- Export invoices to CSV
- Extensive invoice reporting
- Ability to add a free tax extension for simplified bookkeeping
Sliced Invoices offers a variety of paid extensions:
- PDF quote + PDF invoice
- Stripe payment processing
- 2Checkout payment processing
- Client area extension
- Recurring invoices
- Deposit invoices
Our Opinion on Sliced Invoices
The Sliced Invoice plugin is ideal for companies who want to invoice directly through their WordPress site and accept payment via PayPal (or PayPal alternatives like Stripe or 2Checkout for premium users).
Price: The primary invoicing features of Sliced Invoice are free. Premium extensions can be purchased at $30.00 for use on one site, $49.00 for 2-5 sites, and $65.00 for unlimited sites.
You can also purchase a bundle of all extensions starting at $79.
3. Sprout Invoices
Sprout Invoices WordPress Invoice plugin generous features and integration potential with a multitude of other plugins. There is also a premium version of Sprout Invoices that allows you to further automate your invoicing process.
- Full compatibility with PayPal payment gateway
- Integrations with WordPress form builders for easy invoice submission
- Integrations with plugins to help you automatically meet legal requirements for every invoice, regardless of where in the world you’re sending it
- Unlimited estimates, clients, and invoices, with zero restrictions
- A variety of fully customizable templates
- Client management
- Payment management
- Compatibility with Freshbooks, Harvest, and WP-Invoice
- CSV Importing
- Customizable lead generation forms and estimate templates
- Advanced Taxes for your region
- Compatibility with 2Checkout, Stripe, Authorize.net, Square, eWay, NMI, and more
- Ability to solicit line item feedback on estimates
- Automated billing on a pre-set monthly day for recurring work and/or subscription payments
- Client dashboards
- Deposit payments
- Payment terms
- Pre-defined line items
- WooCommerce integrations
- Time tracking and projects
- Dynamic text allows you to place variables on templates to guide your pricing and invoicing process
Our Opinion on Sprout Invoices
The Sprout Invoices is perfect for service-based businesses who want to manage their clients, payments, and invoices all from their WordPress site.
4. WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips
The WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips WordPress Invoice plugin automatically creates a PDF invoice of every order and attaches it to the order confirmation email your customer receives. There are also a variety of premium extensions that add extra functionality.
This plugin is specifically designed for WooCommerce users. If you use a different system for your sales, consider one of the other best invoicing plugins for WordPress on this list.
- Fully customizable HTML and CSS templates
- Automatically attach PDF invoices to WooCommerce purchase confirmation emails
- Access and download the invoice and/or packing slip from the secure admin page at any time
- Create invoices and/or packing slips in bulk
- Sequential invoice numbers with custom formatting
- Available in a wide range of languages including English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, and more.
- More advanced templates
- Create and email fully customizable Proforma Invoices and Credit Notes for refunds
- Automatically upload all invoices to Dropbox to maintain secure backups
- Automatically send orders and packing slips to print
WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Pricing
You can get the free version from WordPress.org, or invest in WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Pro for a one-time fee of €54.00 for one site, €90.00 for three sites, or €225.00 for 25 sites.
Our Opinion on WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips
WooCommerce users who want to automate the creation of packing slips and invoices, especially international users.
Who this plugin is for:
Price: You can get the free version from WordPress.org, or invest in WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Pro for a one-time fee of €54.00 for one site, €90.00 for three sites, or €225.00 for 25 sites.
5. YITH Invoice
YITH Invoice WordPress Invoice plugin that integrates with WooCommerce to create invoices and shipping lists.
- Create PDF invoices and shipping lists
- Sequential invoice numbering with customizable formatting
- Automate invoice creation
- Automatically add the PDF invoice to the customer confirmation email
- Customizable invoice template
- Customizable shipping list template
- Download invoices from customers’ order pages for your records
- Automatic backups managed from your Dropbox account
- Create and manage proforma invoices
- Ask for SSN and VAT numbers during checkout and automatically add them to invoices
- Customize file names
- Customize notes and footers on invoices and shipping lists
- Select the information shown on shipping lists and invoices
- Use meta keys to insert information about orders and customers into PDF documents
- Overwrite document templates
- Enable preview mode & create sample invoices
- Add information about order tracking to delivery notes
YITH Invoices Pricing
The primary plugin is free from WordPress.org. You can buy the premium version of the YITH Invoice for one site at $79.99. They also offer 6-site bundles at $129.99 and 30-site packages at $189.99.
Our Opinion on YITH Invoices
YITH Invoice is an excellent option for businesses that want a simple, invoice-focused plugin and already have company infrastructure for tax compliance.
After you start accumulating just some invoices, be at liberty to click on on on the Opinions tab inside the WordPress dashboard. This house merely breaks down how quite a bit of money you’ve got gotten invoiced, your most valuable purchasers and even your prime grossing line devices within the occasion you promote merchandise.
Wrapping Up: The Best WordPress Invoice Plugins
Using one of the above listed best WordPress invoice plugins is an easy way to incorporate invoicing features into your regular workflow. We suggest trying the free version of any plugin so you can explore the interface and test if the plugin works for your business before investing in a premium version. The free versions are best if you’re looking for a simple and straightforward solution and have only a handful of services or products.
No matter which WordPress invoice plugin you pick from the list, they are all great options and offer everything you need to get started with sending invoices from your WordPress site.